Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

it's personal

I recently went to a networking seminar that regarded women & finances & business. So interesting! We each were given a sheet that had 9 "life values/areas", and were told to rank these in order of importance. I looked around and saw everyone scurrying to write their numbers 1-5 down. I froze. I got this overwhelming feeling of anxiety, emotion, and failure. Why was it so easy for everyone to do this, and I was freakin'?
After everyone (but me) had completed this, the speaker says "I bet that if I were to look inside your check book, I would see completely different values than what YOU had listed". Fascinating. I bet that's true. She continued on about how we are not putting our money towards the things that are most important to us, instead we go for some insta-grat (instant gratification). So true again.
The reason I am posting about this, is.... well, my sheet that remains empty of my rankings, is still at my desk. It stumps me every day. I look at it and think of the things that I feel are SUPPOSE to be the most valuable, the things that I WANT to be, and then a mix of things I feel actually are of importance to me.

Here are the 9 items (in no particular order)




  • business



  • family & home



  • physical health



  • financial & material



  • spiritual growth



  • spouse/relationship



  • friends & recreation



  • career & professional development



  • personal growth


What would your order of rank look like? Or, do you struggle with the overwhelming emotion with it as well? I'll try it again. Would love to hear your comments on this.


To see more, check out the author who created this list at http://www.thegodwingroup.net/ Audrey Godwin is a NO-B.S. CPA/Author that tells you how it is when it comes to women and their finances. :) Not gonna lie.... I needed to hear it!

3 comments:

  1. Here's Mine....... But I'm Funny like that.


    1. spouse/relationship
    2.family & home
    3. physical health
    4.business
    5.personal growth
    6.friends & recreation
    7.financial & material
    8. career & professional development
    9.spiritual growth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I envy you! Nicely done! Ok, Im going to try it again and not worry about what I am "suppose" to value....and list what I REALLY DO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's mine....
    1. spouse/relationship
    2. family & home
    3. friends & recreation
    4. financial & material
    5. career & professional development
    6. business
    7. physical health
    8. personal growth
    9. spiritual growth

    ReplyDelete