Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

11 powerful ways to expand your life

Who doesn't want to "expand their life"? Let's make the best out of this ride! I found this list online and became completely OB-SESSED on ways to expand my small little life.
Here is THE LIST, with my spin on it.

  1. Define your future. Be sure to think BIGGER than yourself. Stretch yourself. Think without any limitations.

  2. Become the person who would achieve your goals. I love this one. So often I have these great dreams, then think "I can't do this, but how does that person do it?" The author suggests spending one extra hour each day on your success goals.

  3. Give more than you must. Do not just do what is expected. Go BIG or go HOME!

  4. Make time for what you love. The author says "If you don't live fully, you deny the world your potential contributions". Duh people!! Embrace all that you love! (That is why I have subscriptions to like 10 magazines!)

  5. Refine your Inner Circle. Let go of the people that hold you back, and connect with the ones that encourage you to live fully.

  6. Resolve your unfinished business. I am SO guilty of not doing this. "Say your apologies, face your fears, pay your debts (ugh!), express your gratitude and get on with living," the author recommends. He also suggests "Don't let yesterday drain value from today and tomorrow". Now.... lets write that check to my student loan account. Blah!

  7. Rethink habits and routines. Yes, please! Mix it up! Instead of sipping on coffee first thing in the am, jump outside and go for a jog.

  8. Lighten up. 3 words for ya..... "GET OVER IT".

  9. Tighten up. Increase your self discipline and master the art of self motivation. ASAP!

  10. Profile yourself. He suggests to really get to know yourself. Know your values, your strengths and weaknesses. Pay attention to the natural reoccurances that happen in your life. It will teach you so much by acknowledging these.

  11. Invest in yourself. ZING! Refine your skills, take a class, and spend time.... well, going through this whole list and writing them down. YOU are truly your only asset.

Wouldn't this be a great lesson for kids? Why try to go back and fix and adjust things? Lets teach them this NOW! I wish I had this list at say, 18.

How are you going to use this list?

http://cathcart.com/media-press/motivation-articles/11-powerful-ways-to-expand-your-life-this-year/

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! These are all of the things that I'm working on in my own life. Some of them I feel like I'm "getting it", others really need some work, especially unfinished business. lol ~Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am with ya Patty! I needed these to give me a reminder of how I want to live. So many of these tips I will be working on.... probably forever. :)

    ReplyDelete