Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

every move you make. every step you take.

With an (almost) perfected skill of not making time to take care of myself and my responsibilities I have learned to fit random acts into my day. The rush of the world and my passion to make the best person I can be out of myself, makes it difficult to work out these days. I use to enjoy the gym (and when I DO go, I still enjoy it). But to take the time out of having an evening in with my fiance' or doing laundry, cleaning the house, or just relaxing; to go to the gym seems like such a burden. Anyone else feel this?

I have learned to squeeze some exercises in while, say...... blow drying my hair or driving to work.



Here are a couple little work outs to mix into the madness of your day!

{double shot of stairs} This is so simple and I hear other people do it too! (It's not just me looking kinda silly). Here's how it goes. Instead of stepping onto each stair, step onto every other! Done. Do this on every set of stairs you walk up. When I'm at home cleaning house, this exercises gets a lot of practice.

{a side of hair drying}As I blow dry my hair every (other) morning or flat iron it, I will do side-bends. Also holding in your hips and just going side to side with your upper body helps tone in your midsection and abs! I'll do about 20 bends on each side. Sometimes I'll throw in some squats if I'm really feeling motivated! :)


{shower squats} Sounds weird, I know. As I'm washing my hair in the shower I do my squats. Might as well make the most of your only alone time during the day.

{all about the bend} Every chance I get, every move that I can, I try to do it as a dancer would. I probably look stupid, so I do it when I am alone. BUT I LOVE THIS! When I bend to pick something up I extend one leg up and out. If I am reaching over to get something I reach from my waist. I always try to inhale and exhale my movements especially when it comes to my back.

{driving the stretch} In the car I keep it pretty simple. This is almost more of my Yoga time. I work on my breathing, my wrist stretches, neck stretches and shoulder stretches. Breathing will help you relax in the commute as well as opening up your lungs and get your blood flowing for a healthy start to the day. It's funny, I notice that breathing is really the last thing a lot of people overlook when it comes to working out and taking care of yourself. It releases stress and loosens up your muscles. Drive time is an easy place to concentrate on this practice. (Tip: turn of the radio to really focus)

Is there something that YOU do, that makes you feel content when you don't have time for your fitness routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment