Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

tuesday's {to do list}

If {putting things off} were a sport, I am pretty sure I'd be an Olympic Gold Medalist. Yup, my name is Adrian and I'm a procrastinate-aholic.

Today, in the midst of some side projects, I will be taking care of some chores. I know, boring blog post about chores.... BUT it gets better!

A couple of years ago I listened to a life-changing audio book titled "Take Time For Your Life" by world renowned life coach, Cheryl Richardson.
(You must visit her site http://www.cherylrichardson.com/)
I swear by this book! I could pretty much relate to every statement, in every chapter, on every page (track). One of the many amazing "aw, hah!" moments I remember most is when Cheryl was discussing a meeting she had with a client and this client had some built up anger that would be expressed every time she went into one specific room in her house. She didn't know why, because nothing bad had happened in that space and it was pretty clean and organized. EXCEPT for one box, that she had filled with papers of all sorts. It was one of those things that would linger in her mind, even if she did not realize the exact culprit of this angst. I found this story amazing. How many times do I walk by a pile of laundry that has been sitting on the dryer for a 4 days, or walk into a room that has a bag that I haven't even looked in since I set it there 3 weeks ago, or worst of all the room that became a war-zone-storage unit after months of deprivation, and feel so frustrated and angry.

{photo cred. http://www.twofoto.com/}

It's amazing what little things affect your mood and perspective without really knowing the source. Now, lets take care of some {to do list} chores for a better mood and a gratifying day!

No comments:

Post a Comment