Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

name sake.



I live in a small city. The same small city I was born in. I know, boring right?
Though I grew up about 15 minutes north of this small city, I havent lived anywhere else outside of this county. Even more boring.


The thing I do appreciate about this small little area that I live, is that I can find so much beauty that has so much history for the city, my family, and myself.


As I spent the day snapping shots of things that inpsired me around the city, I drove by the inspiration behind my name. As this little floral shop sat quaintly nesteled inbetween houses from the early 1900's, and large draping trees, I sat and imagined that day my Grandma ordered a bouquet for my (not quite, yet) parents for the birth of their daughter, some 28 years ago.


The way my name is spelled is the masculine form, which I despised growing up. I now love it. It's simple. It's semi-unique. It's me.

www.flowersbyadrian.com
photos by me.


Aj

No comments:

Post a Comment