Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

what garnished means to me

When I first decided to start blogging, I felt the name was the second most important thing that needed to be decided on, coming in just shortly behind the concept. "Garnished" came to me as I would lay awake in a dark room with my head fluffed in between 2 pillows and my eyes glazing wide-eyed up to the ceiling. With the sound of "Zzzzz Zzzzz" next to me, I thought about my life. How I react to life. How I take on life. How I live life.


The thought first, naturally, came along with how I cook and prepare meals. I am not an extravagant chef, and my finance will vouch for that. The more simple the better. BUT, that plain ol' dinner salad may be "garnished" with 3 thinly sliced apples sticking up as if if were an accessory. It's something amazing now!



Then I went further into "garnishing" and the meaning behind it.



Garnish: to embellish. to decorate.


DUH! I garnish my life with beautiful things everyday and in every way! Have it be a shiny gold over-the-top watch, a way I decide to spend an afternoon alone, or maybe just choosing the most beautiful people to be in my world.


THAT is what garnished means to me. I decorate my life in more ways than a physical sense. I garnish something that is just plain and simple into something that is so much more!


I garnish my own life and I make it something so spectacular.

Aj

No comments:

Post a Comment