Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

happy spring. {literally..happy spring!}


Spring has garnished our lives with a beautiful sunny day here in Washington. YEAH!

I love a season change! It can be such a positive change for someone who easily gets in a funk on every grey-dreary day. Not often, but I think we all can get sucked in.


Do it for yourself, do it for your health, do it for your well-being..... heck just do it for the people around you!!! (No one wants Negative Nancy around.... she's contagious!)
I came across a great study done in 2009 from the Mayo Clinic, that discovered benefits in the result of positive thinking. Just FYI..... I can't even remember the last time I had a cold.
(That's me telling you with my nose stuck up in the air.)

Here are some of the benefits of ignoring the negativity, and embracing optimism!
■Increased life span ("Yes, please!")

■Lower rates of depression ("Save your pennies at the Doc's office")
■Lower levels of distress ("Poor me....doesn't cut it people! We all have our issues.")
■Greater resistance to the common cold ("More time to enjoy the finer things in life!")

■Better psychological and physical well-being ("You're more likely to stay fit and have good energy")

■Reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease ("Cardiovascular disease??!! NO, thanks!")

■Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress ("Negative Nancys out there... I despise you!") :)

I know; if you have been the same way for ...well, you're whole life, it can be tough to make a certain changes. I am experiences a few changes that I would like to work on as well. So, all I can say is.... LETS DO THIS, what are we waiting for?!

TO see the full study click here:
Aj

No comments:

Post a Comment