Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Morning cup of....

My ideas & experiences are the coffee beans. My writing is the brew process. My final post is my Monday morning cup of coffee.
It starts my morning. It starts my week, in a way that a cup of my fave java would do.Let it allow you to sum up what your morning cup would be filled with as well.
Morning Cup of...................

Self Love
This weekend I worked a couple of Spring Trend Shows for Laura Mercier as one of the makeup artists. Let me paint this picture for you: woman after woman arrives without makeup to experience the greatness of Laura's products and techniques. Women take away a natural-polished look with a pop of spring to replicate in their homes. We set them up with the amazing products that work best for their skin and their daily prep-routine. Sounds so fun, right?
It IS so fun, but I have realized that being a woman, we have so much pressure to be "youthful", "perfect", "lifted", "face of a magazine", and "flawless". It began to really wear on me when each client that would sit in my chair (sans makeup) and would push up and pull on their face. They would look in the mirror and tell me all the things that they would like to change about their natural structure. It really made me sad.... (and scared to death to get old)! They made it sound so miserable.

What was really amazing to me, was that I don't think they were looking through the mirror I gave them. They were looking through their eyes. Does that make sense? What I saw, and what they saw were not always as terrifying as they made it sound. I saw beauty in each one of them, and did all that I could to express that, and play that up as I went from brush-to product-to face.

It amazes me how we can be our biggest bully, our worst critic.

I know this is nothing new. It just made me really sad to witness so many women in one day who despised the way they look
al naturale'.

So, my morning cup is full of self love.

I am challenging myself to appreciate my look. As I do my makeup this morning, I plan to keep it minimal (however, I love the art of doing my makeup in the morning). I will love the light freckles I have scattered throughout my face. I will love my small eyes. I will love my unshaped-unwaxed eyebrows. ( HA!) I will LOVE my large forehead that I have always despised since I was teased in 5th grade about.

I WILL LOVE ME, AND EVERYTHING THAT I WAS BLESSED TO BE BORN WITH.

What will you be falling in love with about yourself?




2 comments:

  1. I will love myself for becoming the person my father is proud of. I won't worry about the bags under my eyes. I won't care Im not as thin as I used to be.

    I will love myself because I am a good person, Give all I can, Care deeply about others and do what makes me happy.

    I will love myself for letting go, Seeing the good person in the mirror not the old one. I will love me for loving my partner.

    Today I will love myself because there is only one me, "thank god" and I am the best I can be with what I was givin.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing words. It feels so good to explore the love that we sometimes look past everyday in ourselves. Sometimes we just need that reminder, that little open window to tell ourself how great we really are.

    Thanks for sharing! I really appreciate hearing the words that other people bless me with.

    ReplyDelete